Sunday, March 1, 2009

Living With Disabilities

In relation to the recently read text, Al Capone Does My Shirts, I found a YouTube video that was exposed to me in a CEP class last semester. It depicts what life would be like if you woke up one morning and found yourself to be "disabled". I find this extremely interesting and relevant in that it offers us a new perspective and truly enables us the opportunity to see what life would be like and how we would feel if roles were reversed...

1
Clip from "Talk" by the Disability Rights Commission (UK)
Clip from "Talk" by...
PosterBrat

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your video. What a great way to explain what it would be like to live with a disability! I would have never thought to portray or explain it in that way. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this! I thought that video was just great for showing how people with disabilities are made to feel in a society of able-bodied people. I appreciate this very much.

    ReplyDelete